View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 02:14 PM
BehrItAll
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
They were probably waiting for Episode IX to do the big Mother/Son reunion stuff but obviously with Carrie's passing, that won't be on the cards.
Yes, there was an article in Vanity Fair how IX was supposed to be Leia's but now

Quote:
Part of the reason why Ben Solo is now Kylo Ren is because he felt personally abused by a family member, so this seems kind of ironic.
That is ironic. I don't remember Ben saying that.

Quote:
I feel like the only person on the internet who felt that Luke Skywalker's character was respected in this movie.

Spoiler:
I just firmly feel that Luke would never have gone into exile in the first place. Even if he felt guilty and responsible he wouldn't abandon his sister and best friend in such a dire time. He'd stick around and fight back.

The Force projection was awesome. I agree there. I felt his last words were more like, "My Force ghost is going to visit you."

I can't even remember that line from Max von Sydow's character. I only saw TFA twice in 2015.

You can see how much I am not that into the sequel trilogy. I didn't even bother to do a rewatch before TLJ.

Quote:
1) Adam Driver's performance is top-notch Oscar worthy, in my opinion. Hope he is recognized at the Golden Globes, too. The incredibly layered performance he gives in this dual personality of Kylo Ren and Ben Solo is MESMERIZING and I'm proud that we have such a talented actor who was chosen to play both the lead villain and Han and Leia's son.
I would be very surprised if TLJ gets any nominations outside of special effects. There is a bias against Sci-Fi / Fantasy in the awards community. It is so, so rare for this genre to get nominated for the acting and best picture categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
I actually liked the scene so I don't see the issue people have with it, however TLJ was filmed, obviously, while Carrie was still alive and they've said they changed none of Leia's scenes in the editing room after Carrie's death, so I don't see how anything could be related to honoring her in TLJ other than the post-credit screen
I heard the same thing, that nothing was changed