View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 06:30 PM
Benji
Part-Time Fan

I was in that youtube chat during the livestream.
There weren't that many people in there, so they mentioned my name a few times. (for example at @ 31:30)
I liked the moments where Degrassi related things were discussed but overall the video is skippable. Dante just isn't that interesting of a person.
I'm subscribed to his channel and have watched all his vids. He's harmless, but shallow.
& He can count his lucky stars for getting the Degrassi gig because his acting is one of the worst in my opinion.

But anyway, I came into this thread thinking about what I would like to see for Vijay's character.
So far they haven't really explored Vijay's character.
One thing that I would like, is to see him deal with is HIV.
Either being diagnosed HIV+, dating someone who is positive,
or just dealing with awareness and staying protected.

The last time that they really dealt with HIV was in Degrassi High with Dwayne Myers. (no that Griffin and Paige subplot doesn't count)
& It's still one of my all time favorite storylines/episodes in Degrassi history

I'm not expecting a Vijay storyline to be as good
but I still think it's time they revisit the issue & Vijay could be a good candidate for the storyline.
A lot has changed since the 80's, but HIV & Aids is still seen as a gay disease and while that's the not the case, HIV is definitely a problem still being dealt with within the gay community itself. Especially with hook up apps like Grindr.
& so now we could get a gay guy's perspective of being diagnosed HIV positive.

There was also the season 4 episodes Moonlight Desires which dealt with HIV a bit.
It's actually an episode that I didn't really appreciate until I got older and rewatched it.
You had Marco being his awesome student council president self, holding a blood drive, trying to make Dylan proud, and trying to stray away from the HIV stereotype
but then finding out that not only can he not donate blood for being a male who has had sex with another male
but his own boyfriend is being promiscuous and basically playing into the reason why gay people are barred from it in the first place.

& The donating blood issue has still not been fully resolved so maybe Vijay can dip into that a bit.

Last edited by Benji; 12-20-2017 at 06:38 PM
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote