View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 06:01 AM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, everyone! I'm sorry I didn't post here yesterday. I was so exhausted from five days of work I just fell asleep when I got home and slept all afternoon and night.

Hi, dragonfire! Nice theory about Hal. I do think they're setting him up to be a bad guy, or possibly the Black Hood. Yeah, let's have the Black Hood kill Penny.

Cole and Lily as young FP and Alice? I think fans might think that was a cop-out. Come on, you can't get young actors who look like Skeet and Madchen? Although it is weird even thinking about it because it seems like yesterday that Madchen was Shelly Johnson on Twin Peaks and Skeet was in The Craft and Scream. Everyone called him a Johnny Depp clone.

Oh, so Fred getting shot was just him getting caught in the crossfire or something. Maybe he just married the wrong woman, huh? And why are you done with the Star Wars movies? I've heard that The Last Jedi is supposed to be the best one since The Empire Strikes Back. And thanks for the info on the Disney/Fox deal. It's disturbing to see the Mouse standing behind all the heroes like fing Galactus. I just heard that Disney officially bought Fox films for $52 billion or something.

I just hope, hope, hope that Disney does two things: One, bring Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne into the AVENGERS, not as old people but as young, present day superheroes and then does the Ultron storyline right. You cannot have the Avengers without Hank and Janet. Two, keep the X-Men movies hard-edged. I want more R-rated films like Logan and Deadpool. Watering them down into cartoons will only ruin them. dragonfire, I don't wanna hear anything from you! That's what has to happen. And they can also put the 20th Century Fox intro back into the Star Wars movies. They fit so perfectly with John Williams' music in the Star Wars opening titles. They're even in the same musical key. I can't imagine them not being there.

Hi, Lauren! Why are you upset about Disney buying Fox? Yeah, it's scary, but it means that X-Men and The Fantastic Four will finally be home in Marvel Studios! Now we just need Sony and Universal to bite the fing bullet and hand over Spider-Man and The Hulk to Marvel free and clear.

Yep the Golden Globe nominations have already been released, Lauren. Freddie Highmore got nominated for The Good Doctor, but I'm still pissed that he never got nominated for Bates Motel. He and Vera both got Emmy nominations for Bates but never won. I really hope he wins something soon because he's too good not to. I'm really upset that Dafne and Patrick didn't get nominated at the Golden Globes for Logan because they deserved it. And the Globes have always been generous to the sci-fi/fantasy/horror genres in the past. They nominated shows like The Walking Dead and The X-Files, and also gave a Golden Globe to Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight. I'm glad Hugh got nominated for The Greatest Showman, but I think his performance in Logan was better.

OMG, I haven't seen the new Riverdale episode yet, so don't tell me! You're half bothered by Barchie, Lauren? So does that mean the other half of you likes the idea of sweet, pure, girl-next-door Betty Cooper being ravaged by the sexually insatiable Archie Andrews.
Well, after her striptease she's not so innocent anymore, is she? OMG, I never knew that Betty could sing! Maybe she could do a duet with Archie?

Why am I not surprised that you're shipping Rey with Kylo? Although you're a bit late because fans have been shipping them since The Force Awakens.