View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 05:59 AM
sourburst
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
He's not rumored to have abused his ex-wife. It's a court case and they both have settlements. A human can make a mistake, sure, but abuse is a "mistake"? I'm glad Amber spoke up as most women usually don't. This is why a lot of women are speaking up now because people dismiss this as a mistake or women crying foul and bringing attention to themselves. We're not taken seriously. We're always considered the weaker sex.

This whole Johnny thing is hurting the franchise, I can admit that. We can't do anything about movie 2, fine. But for the rest of the movies, they should do something about this. I'm a bigger HP fan so I'll watch them even if Johnny is Grindelwald but I'm afraid I won't take the character seriously. I do hope he brings life to the character, probably a consolation but to have him in the films is ignoring the fact that he made a "mistake" and just letting it go. I'm not just talking about JKR but it's everyone's decision to have him in the movie that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Your making assumptions, which you shouldn't do. Also I said taking his dogs illegally abroad was a mistake, not the assumption of him apparently hitting his wife. People are acting like it is set in stone. For all they know she could have back tracked on her word and the case was settled that way.

The point is, no one knows whether he did or did not do it. We should not condemn him and neither should this assumption be spurred in every single thread across the board.

I'm not defending him, as i'm not his biggest fan, but all this negativity that's being spread here just seems wrong to me. If your a big of as a fan as you're stating, trust in J.K. and trust in the franchise, please.