View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 04:39 AM
FireQueen
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
Somehow the ring makes him look better lol.

So I'm watching fan reactions to this episode and like 90% of people are confused as to why Barry didn't run at the end of the episode. I'm just like??? How can they miss that he didn't run because of Iris. The camera literally lingered on the picture of him and Iris...and then Barry says "Don't run". Beginning of the episode he tells Iris he doesn't need to run when he's with her. That obviously ties back into the ending. I feel like people willfully ignore Barrys' love for Iris...like she is his motivation for a lot of things in life, and if you choose to ignore that then you won't fully understand Barry's actions.
I'm 100% sure this is what's happening

I didn't realize that the beginning tied back to the end. I felt like he was just being his usual romantic self but it couldn't have been made more obvious that he didn't run because of Iris. And running would be an admission of guilt anyway.

I think Clifford and Marlize were betting on Barry staying. When Marlize said that she would do anything to save her marriage she knew that Barry would do the same for Iris. What I'd like to know is what they need Barry in prison for. It should tie back to the warden and some of the bus metas.