View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 02:23 PM
LindaL100
Absolute Fan

Alex:

I think you may have misunderstood me, I never implied that it was "entirely" the actors and their chemistry that made the Cesare & Lu relationship so great and believable, of course the writing is partially responsible for that. It's the writers who create the storylines and the dialogues, but at the end of the day, it's up to the actors to act out what's written in the scripts and translate what's written on paper onto the screen, it's mostly the acting and performances of the actors and their chemistry that makes the writing come to life on the screen. And the chemistry between the actors is so important because as I've mentioned before, the chemistry is what makes the storylines and interactions between the characters that much more believable. I don't think I need to mention Francois' lack of chemistry with Sarah Ramos again to prove my point, do I? If the actors lack chemistry, then the storylines just don't work and becomes unconvincing, such as the disastrous and so fake Manfred & Creek romance in Midnight Texas, even despite the fact that their characters had so much romantic scenes together in the show. Of course all the romantic writing and interactions between Cesare & Lu played a significant part, but I think it had more to do with Francois & Holly's chemistry, their great performances and chemistry was what brought Jordan's writing to life on-screen. if Francois and Holly had lacked chemistry together, then all their scenes together would've been very flat and unconvincing and their incestuous relationship would not have been believable. Jordan's writing set the benchmark for Cesare & Lu's relationship, but it was Francois & Holly's chemistry and performance that took Jordan's writing to exceedingly new heights and made the incest plotline believable, at the end of the day it was Francois & Holly who made the writing come to life on the screen.

Last edited by LindaL100; 12-07-2017 at 02:28 PM