View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 04:58 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
So guys remember how I told you that I am doing some online course about programming language called Python? Well the course is basically hands on exercises and it's about data science. Meaning the idea of the course is to show you how to use the language Python for analyzing data.

The current section is focused on various basketball trends - set of popular players and all sort of data like games, salary, points etc. All of this is visualized in sort of graphics with different colors and labels. It seems that the homework would be to visualize some sort of analysis on the free throws success rate of the players .

The previous exercise was about financial statements analysis of a company. The guy definitely tried to find the practical in the course . So for now it's fun .

Michelle
I assume you studied statistics in college so that you can analyze data, gather statistics and derive conclusions in the end. Would you say that this happens often in your area of work currently?
Yes I’ve taken three Statistics courses, one for Bachelors and two for Graduate school.

Yes my field (my work) is constantly doing stats daily.