View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 02:39 PM
tanaja
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
I know. I'm a terrible person .

It's not that I don't want them together. I do for sure, I just don't feel the electricity between them like RJ, and I just can't get passionate enough about them to read fan fic, watch YouTube vids or gush in fan forums. I am like that with a lot of couples unfortunately. Never got into any of the Friends couples for example, however Mulder and Scully were my first obsession. It's all about the eye lasers for me .

I don't hate Logan, he is just there....wasting my time. They definitely don't have any eye lasers happening.

And Rory being so clingy in that relationship was so disappointing. I really thought Amy would want her to be more independent and of stronger character as she got older than what she turned out to be.
You're not a terrible person, LOL But I see some chemistry between L/L. Lorelai brought light into Luke's boring and sometimes sad life. He kissed the ground she walked on.
As for Lorelai... Max seems to be too serious for Lorelai (I would want Max for me , but he and Lorelai are obviously too different), ASP's Chris would never settle down with Lorelai, their timing was never right (btw, I hated Chris, because he didn't really care for Rory), Jason was a little strange, Luke on the other hand grounded Lorelai and just accepted and admired her with all her mistakes.

If you had been a writer, what sort of destiny would you have given to Lorelai? Do you like any of her suitors?

IMO Rory was so clingy mainly because she had a crush on Logan, but she also didn't want to be an outsider. She was the first time in her life on her own in the big world, and she wanted to belong (to Logan, his friends, his circle, their college lifestyle). She was also a little intrigued by Logan's high society status (after all, it was something, what Emily wanted for Rory - and Rory knew, how much Emily loved her), but mainly she just liked him and didn't want to lose him at the time.

The writers had to make a love triangle for Rory and Logan/Rory story seems good enough to me. That is not a grand love, but R/L are great buddies and - that is actually a lot.