View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 07:07 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Rowling let go of overseeing the films after the second film. She literally let each director/producer do their own thing. That was when she started making it clear that the films were very loosely based on the book series. She knew the accuracy wouldn't be there but she even said she didn't want to be paranoid and obsessed over getting everything perfect so she let them all have creative control.
That's too bad, but in some ways I don't blame her, and she still made her millions from all the films I'm sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I have. She doesn't care about the spotlight, she does things pretty much away from Hollywood by choice. She does films in Europe, she is a screenwriter, director, she's done theater, she does a little of everything. She's also huge with charity. If there's any sort of charity event, she's there.
That's cool! I think people are smart to stay away from the trappings of Hollywood.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy