View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 11:36 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Wow Michelle. Your description of Ginny in the books is completely different from the Ginny in the movies. Ginny was practically a non-entity in the movies, and her character could best be described as bland, and Bonnie Wright was sort of plain in my opinion. She's pretty in her own way, but she certainly isn't gorgeous like you described Ginny.
Yes, it's completely different, night and day, really. I actually believe Bonnie is a very good actress, way better than Emma, but she still wasn't able to show off her acting chops because for whatever reason, they kept Ginny hidden throughout the films. It was a joke given what she represents in the Harry Potter Series.

Bonnie is cute/pretty but she's not at all with the same look as the real Ginny Weasley. Ginny has the type of beauty that is model-like and utter perfection... not to mention magnetic. She walks in a room filled with 50 people and all 50 will notice her. That is not the type of pretty Bonnie has. Not many people DO have that type of pretty actually! But the real Ginny Weasley did.

Here's a couple quotes:

From the Slytherin crew and that says it all when they're admitting Ginny is beautiful since they despise Harry/the Weasleys and any other House other than their own basically... at least this group of Slytherins:

Quote:
“Potter, precious Potter, obviously he wanted a look at ‘the Chosen One,’ ” sneered Malfoy, “but that Weasley girl! What’s so special about her?”

“A lot of boys like her,” said Pansy, watching Malfoy out of the corner of her eyes for his reaction. “Even you think she’s good looking, don’t you, Blaise, and we all know how hard you are to please!”

“I wouldn’t touch a filthy little blood traitor like her whatever she looked like,” said Zabini coldly, and Pansy looked pleased. - The Half-Blood Prince Ch 7 - The Slug Club (155)
Then Krum... you can usually not get two words out of, let alone about feelings:

Quote:
“This girl is very nice-looking,” Krum said, recalling Harry to his surroundings. Krum was pointing at Ginny, who had just joined Luna. “She is also a relative of yours?”

“Yeah,” said Harry, suddenly irritated, “and she’s seeing someone. Jealous type. Big bloke. You wouldn’t want to cross him.”

Krum grunted. “Vot,” he said, draining his goblet and getting to his feet again, “is the point of being an international Quidditch player if all the good-looking girls are taken?” - The Deathly Hallows Ch 8 - The Wedding (150)

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE jealous Harry there! LOL Harry and Ginny are on a break then when Krum is asking Harry about Ginny.

There's endless quotes about Ginny's beauty throughout the series. This is the real Ginny.

Quote:
Conversely, I do think that Emma Watson resembled Hermione in the first movie, but in the subsequent movies, we were watching Emma instead of Hermione. To be fair though, I don't think that anyone could have predicted that Emma Watson would have turned out to be so breathtakingly beautiful as she got older, but they could have tried to keep her looking more like book Hermione rather than a gorgeous model.
Emma looked more like Hermione in SS/PS because of the hair overall. She still doesn't really portray the real Hermione perfectly however but she was the best in the first film. Then it's like Joey Potter season 3 Creek where she's completely unrecognizable unfortunately in the rest of the films.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-20-2017 at 11:47 AM