View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread Michelle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Ah sorry Jerry. I misunderstood. I thought that you meant that she is bland when you compare the two of them as far as looks go.

Now I see your point. So you thought that the writing made her bland? Hm maybe they did not get Ginny's character and did not know how to write her properly.

As far as writing goes what do you think made her bland? Who was your favorite character watching the movies. And I wonder if you forget what you know about the books from Michelle what would you think about the characters and which ones would you find focal and important for the story?
From the movies, Harry was my favorite character, and I also found Snape to be very intriguing. Ron and Hermione were basically Harry's sidekicks, and Ron seemed goofy and cowardly at times. I thought that Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson had a lot of chemistry, but Bonnie Wright/Ginny was almost a non-entity in the movies in my opinion. I've learned a lot more about the characters through my conversations with Michelle and with my wife, so I view everything in a different light now, and I'm sure I'll really view them in a different light once I read the books.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy