View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 02:15 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Makes sense . So are both couples married? And if yes which was the first wedding?
This is what it says (wiki) and Rowling has also mentioned it in interviews, books, Pottermore as well so I know wiki is accurate because it is taken right from Rowling:

Quote:
Harry and Ginny get married sometime after the Second Wizarding War, presumably before their first child is born in 2004. The couple goes on to have three children: James Sirius, Albus Severus, and Lily Luna Potter. It is very likely that they married soon after Ginny completed Hogwarts, due that their friends married at a young age. Placing the marriage in either late 1999 or early 2000.
Quote:
Ron and Hermione get married sometime after the Second Wizarding War, presumably before their first child is born in 2006. Hermione decided to keep her maiden name. The couple goes on to have two children Rose and Hugo Granger-Weasley. It is founded that they married at a extremely young age and therefore it probably took place in either 1999 or even 2000.
Quote:
So I guess it explains why people who have watched only the movies actually have no idea about the essence of Harry Potter and basically the focal relationships (both romantic and friends wise).
Yes, 100%. If you've only watched the movies, you honestly have no idea what the Harry Potter Book Series is truly all about. You're missing the essence, precisely.

Quote:
How many Harry Potter movies there are and is there some that you like more compared to the others? I get that you don't think that the movies are good in general. I think that it is a rare case where the movie is better than the book. As a rule the books are always better.
There are 8 movies with the 7/8 covering the last book.

I guess my favorites are the first two because they actually follow the main mystery fairly nicely. The third movie is when things go all crazy not only with the main mystery and leaving so much out, but the characters turn weird and not accurate either.

Quote:
What sucks is that I can't read books that much. It causes eye strain for me. Plus I hate reading pages of describing stuff . Like literally find this complete borefest. Now science books I love to read. Only facts and no essence, no descriptive pages .
This is why I couldn't see you in Ravenclaw, haha. Ravenclaw's have books attached to us, every kind of book you could imagine... like, painted on us.

I do wonder what you'd think about the Harry Potter Series though. It takes you into a different world. I wonder if you'd make an exception because it's really compelling.

Quote:

It really is ugly.
That sucks.