View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 12:04 AM
brianitesince2001
Dedicated Fan

I just looked up some character descriptions of Mr. Darcy. The similarities are amazing. Mind you Pride and Prejudice was published in 1813, 204 years ago. The novel took place in England so ignore the stuff about the English aristocracy and all that. Think blue collar Pittsburgh. LOL!!

AND, this is why we're so hung up on Brian...Facebook had over 400 groups containing the name "Mr. Darcy."

A simple random sample of the titles: "I Refuse to Settle For Anything Less Than Mr. Darcy," "I'm Not Looking for Mr. Right, I'm Looking for Mr. Darcy,"

Character Analyses:

Character Analysis Fitzwilliam Darcy. Darcy exhibits all the good and bad qualities of the ideal English aristocrat — snobbish and arrogant, he is also completely honest and sure of himself.

Fitzwilliam Darcy is a very wealthy man of England's upper crust. He is lord of Pemberley, an expensive estate located in the county of Derbyshire. He is fairly tall and handsome, but his demeanor is unfriendly, aloof, and unapproachable.

Mr. Darcy's flaws are best seen in the difficulty he has with relationships. Although he is loyal to those who are close to him, he doesn't seem to see the need to develop new friendships, particularly with those he feels are beneath him socially.

Darcy's protective nature keeps his sister from marrying a con artist Mr. Wickham.

Darcy is eventually revealed to be a conscientious landlord who is generous, kind and unselfish, a caring brother, a good friend - his impulsive interference between Jane and Bingley was motivated by genuine concern for his friend rather than malice - and a scrupulous and extremely honourable man who is protective of and SELF-SACRIFICING for those he cares about. Despite his pride, he is willing, to an extent, to admit wrongdoing.

Mr. Darcy speaking to Elizabeth who's just told him off: So this is your opinion of me. Thank you for explaining so fully. Perhaps these offences might have been overlooked had not your pride been hurt by my honesty...

Elizabeth continues to blast him.

Mr. Darcy: Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time.

This is 204 years ago but I can still feel it. Darcy's CRUSHED. He just won't admit it. It's like when Justin leaves Brian. Brian's like "so this is your opinion of me. Forgive me for taking your time."

Brian and Darcy both bleed deeply. But they put on the facade.