View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Jaime Bee
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
The Spuffy almost rape counted very much to me, it's most of the reason I didn't ship them for a while.

I concur that Angelus wanted to do to Buffy the same as he did to Dru, however, in my headcanon, he would rape Cordy, in AtS, not for torture but out of obsession, because he feels his twisted soulless version of Angel's love for her. This is, in fact, how most fanfics portray it.
I completely understand.

It's hard to deal with even almost rape happening with your ship.

I did at first have a hard time with it too.

The fact that it wasn't swept under the rug in the narrative helped me still ship Spuffy.

It was made clear over & over what Spike did was more than wrong & he didn't try to blame it only not having his soul

I feel like Joss could have found another way to show Spike was still evil & needed to finally decide to go back to being just a monster or becoming a better man.

Spike's love for Buffy was selfish & more obsession even though we saw him do selfless things. Spike like Angelus to truly change he needed a soul.

That was the only way both could love in a human way.

I think in a way Angelus was obsessed with Buffy & Dru & could have had a dark twisted type love for Buffy. I can see this with Cordy too.

I just think with Dru it was about driving her insane.

I remember Angelus saying Buffy would pay for making him feel human. I can see him feeling this way about Cordy as well.

I'm really glad this type of thing even when Angel didn't have his soul again happen with Cordy in any way at all.

Do you think there was even a twisted vampire love between Angelus/Darla?

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon