View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 01:45 PM
April7739
Fan Forum Hero

Day 2
Favorite Convention Quote from Bob

{x}

SDCC 2017 PANEL

First off, let me start off by saying that, while I may be biased, I really do think Bob is the cast member
who does the best job speaking about his character. Whenever he talks about Bellamy, he gives insightful,
thought-provoking answers demonstrative of his intelligence and his attention to detail and nuance
when playing him. He has said many interesting things about Bellamy, most of which I do agree with,
but I chose this answer from our most recent SDCC because . . . even though it's kind of an odd answer,
he's spot on. Bellamy does hold onto guilt, perhaps more so than any other character, and that is not
necessarily a bad thing. Bellamy should feel guilty, because he has done some hauntingly horrible things.
But the fact that Bob calls it an ability is what strikes me here. Because if you think about it, it really is.
Not everyone has the ability to hold onto guilt. Some people crumble under the weight of it, while others
let it go too easily. But not Bellamy Blake. His guilt and remorse is probably the single biggest motivation
in his efforts to do and be better. His guilt has helped get him back in touch with who he is deep down,
and he is a good person. Had he not held onto that guilt, he likely wouldn't ever really seek redemption.

01 . 02

ICON

Last edited by April7739; 10-27-2017 at 02:44 PM