Absolute Fan

• • •

• • •

• • •

• • •

listen here (x)

p l a y e d b y

Sarah Michelle Gellar
Sarah Michelle Gellar was born on April 14, 1977, in New York. Gellar started acting professionally as a child, eventually landing a role in the daytime soap All My Children. In 1996, she landed the lead role in the hit TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She has also starred in popular big-screen projects like Scream 2, Cruel Intentions, Scooby-Doo and The Grudge. She wed fellow actor Freddie Prinze Jr. in 2002.

[on her character Buffy Summers] For eight years I had the pleasure of portraying a character that was the very definition of a powerful woman. In my opinion, one of the greatest examples in the history of entertainment. [2007]

"Feminism is not just about not being weak. It's about being able to take care of yourself. Just because you might care about what you look like or what the opposite sex thinks of you, it doesn't make you not a feminist. Do I consider myself a strong female individual? Uh-huh. Can I take care of myself? Yes."

[looking back on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"] I think it's gotten me to this point now where I don't have this burning desire to accomplish anything. That was so fulfilling for me in every way that everything I do now is the cherry on top. I don't feel the pressure to do this or have to do this or go here or do that because I feel like I've already won.

[on whether or not she is fed up with looking back and talking about "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"] Fed up with it? No! No, no, no! I'm so proud of it, and I actually like talking about it more now than I did then. Because I was 19, 20. Sometimes I think, to get true perspective, you have to step away, to realize the impact that something had.

Sarah Michelle Gellar on Buffy’s Series Finale (x)

• • •

"Strong is fighting! It's hard, and it's painful, and it's every day."

Because she wants her expiration date to be a long time away. Like a Cheeto.
"That probably would have sounded more commanding if I wasn't wearing my Yummy Sushi pajamas."
"You have a plan?" "I *am* the plan."
"I think I know why Joan's the boss. I'm like a superhero or something!"
"Then show me what you got. And I'll show you what a Slayer really is."
"I want to date and shop and save the world from unspeakable demons."
"I may be dead but I'm still pretty."
"I don't need a guy right now. I need me."
"You're gonna think about that later, mister, and you're gonna laugh."
"Take all that away and what's left?" "Me."

Previous Threads

[39][40]
[34] [35] [36] [37] [38]

Icons