View Single Post
Old 04-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Mala
Passionate Fan

Hindi Movies #4: (Possible SPOILERS)

The old thread is here for those who want to catch up on the latest Bollywood gossip, see what's hot and what's not, and gauge exactly how much I can blather on about Ram Gopal Varma movies. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

For the title, I was torn between two Sholay quotes. The one I used and the infamous "Kitne aadmi the?" Maybe that can be thread #5, lol.

At any rate, welcome, yaaron! Discuss! Review! Gossip!

And, actually, since I'm in a Gabbar Singh kind of mood...I'll pose some questions:

1. Who is your favorite villainous actor?
2. Who is your favorite villainous character?
3. What Hindi movie villain was the absolute most horrifying?
4. What villain did you feel sorry for?

Here's my own answers:
1. My favorite Bollywood villainous actor is probably Amrish Puri. Anybody who can call Harrison Ford a bastard on the American big screen is just beyond cool, lol. Although, yo, I love Pran, Prem Chopra, Amzad Khan, Danny...all of the classics, too.
2. Balloo Balram in Khalnayak rocks my socks. I love, love, LOVE this character as played by Sanjay Dutt.
3. It's a close tie between Ashutosh Rana as Gokul in Dushman and Sadashiv Amarpurkar as Maharani in Sadak. They were chilling in their own ways, for different reasons and I almost had nightmares.
4. Of course, I felt sorry for Balloo, but in terms of genuine pity and empathy for a villain, I'd have to go with SRK's character in Baazigar and Manoj Bajpai's character in Road. They were pathetic and broken.

[ 04-03-2003: Message edited Mala ]