View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 09:54 AM
Elektra
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
I have a confession to make. I'm getting a bit tired of hearing this. I'm getting tired of people demanding that all of our superhero shows and movies be "light-hearted" or "funny". Is this what we're moving into? The Age of Froth? If this is how Season Four is going to end up, I'll just end up going through the motions. I want a balance of DRAMA and humor, as it has been for the past three seasons.

Seasons One and Two were just as angsty in their own ways, as Season Three. And the latter season also had its humorous scenes and episodes. I don't see the need to have one or the other, when that has not been the case since the series first premiered.
Season 1 and 2 were fine. The biggest issue was Season 3 where one of the main characters was miserable in the first half, and another main character had death looming over her in the second half.

People aren't saying there shouldn't be any drama - drama drives stories so you definitely need it - but The Flash does not need Season 3 levels of "dark" again.

Let Arrow be the dark show every season, and let The Flash shine with a little more light than it did in Season 3.