View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 11:35 AM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

I don't think we need to go down to help him move - the home recommended a packing and moving lady, and they have another lady who will go out and pick up whatever he needs for the new room, sheets, shower curtain liner, whatever. They REALLY want to get him settled in there! He was having trouble with edema and weeping legs, and had some sores on his legs from that, and he wanted to get them healed up before he moved - but there's no reason to wait, he can move and get to the doctor/treatment from the new place too, and his legs are doing better. He was just being stubborn, and worried about shredding his old papers and this and that. I really hope now he is going to take action and GO there already (before it's too late).

Plus his neighbor who has been helping him out so kindly wants him to move to assisted living and be safe (and not be responsible for him), too! It's a lot to expect from somebody not even related to you. Very very kind man, treating my Dad like a brother. But not his responsibility and I'm sure he wants to enjoy his own Florida retirement and not drive an elderly guy to the doctor, etc., worry about him staying alive.

keepsmiling yes, it really makes you want to pare down and not leave so much stuff for your family to deal with!

We went to Best Buy yesterday and I bought a laptop, a wireless mouse and keyboard to go with it (because typing on laptops is a pain) and we took our dead computer in, bought a new tower, and are having them transfer our files from old computer to new one, and it should be back by Saturday maybe, and we'll have our desktop setup back too, but in the meanwhile, I have the new laptop to learn (want to take it down to FL this winter), but have got it set up and our emails downloaded again so that was a relief! A house with no email, no computer to look stuff up on, was driving me crazy - I felt cut off from the world!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 10-11-2017 at 11:41 AM