View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 04:08 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Aww, Leo and Piper! Thanks, Arinna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Well, I like Natalie and I think she played her well but the script was terrible and I despise Scarlett Johansson. So at the end of the day I hated the movie less than I thought I would but I don't think a lot of thought was put into it and that's quite disappointing, especially since I think of Natalie Portman as someone who is actually really intelligent and should have given the role a bit more thought. Though I'll say one thing, I guess I liked that she cried when she waited for the sword to fall so to speak. I mean I get it in theory that given the time they were much more about having made their peace with God and accepting death and dying well and I still can't help but think that nobody can be totally composed at the prospect of being executed. We know that Kathryn Howard was basically carried to the block because she had collapsed and was so afraid. And that was despite her allegedly practising with the block and how to put her head the night before.

I'm not a fan of Scarlett either, Nina. I also like Natalie. And that was based on another Philippa Gregory novel, right? Wow, she really has a thing for the Yorks, Lancasters, and Tudors. So the movie actually showed Anne's execution? That's the part I never could stand. I hated watching Mary Stuart being executed in Elizabeth: The Golden Age. Killing women like that just infuriates me. And yeah, I heard about Catherine Howard during my Googling of the Tudors and the Wars of the Roses. She supposedly admitted that she deserved execution for her betrayal of Henry.