View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 08:30 AM
jemappellealvin
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Awe, what a story. It really was meant to be. For you to find Greg/the show on your birthday too? Seriously, meant to be. What episode was it that you first watched? Did you immediately go back and watch the episodes you missed or what was your journey like?
Never imagined such a coincidence would happen to me. Back then (in autumn 13 years ago) in my country, Everwood (S1 only) was broadcast on Educational Broadcasting System (EBS), under the title of "Everwood, the Town of Love". The network aired S1 by splitting every episode into two parts. The quarrel scene was in the second part, and that was where my journey began.

At first, I just watched the rest of S1 since I thought there would be no re-run at all. However, I found out this was actually a re-run. It's been said the time slot was at midnight when the show aired for the first time (in spring of the same year), and that led to a lot of complaints from the viewers. Later, I had a chance to watch another re-run in the following year. I began from the episode "The Kissing Bridge", thus still not knowing about the existence of the "Pilot" episode then. lol

When it comes to the next two seasons, both was broadcast, being dubbed in Korean. It was a fresh experience to me since I was interested in voice actors at that time. Also, I was curious about what it would sound like if I watch Everwood dubbed in my native language. So sad to know the network stopped airing the show after S3. It took a very long time to watch the full series but I'm glad that I did it.