View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Nikki K
Elite Fan

Well, I like Natalie and I think she played her well but the script was terrible and I despise Scarlett Johansson. So at the end of the day I hated the movie less than I thought I would but I don't think a lot of thought was put into it and that's quite disappointing, especially since I think of Natalie Portman as someone who is actually really intelligent and should have given the role a bit more thought. Though I'll say one thing, I guess I liked that she cried when she waited for the sword to fall so to speak. I mean I get it in theory that given the time they were much more about having made their peace with God and accepting death and dying well and I still can't help but think that nobody can be totally composed at the prospect of being executed. We know that Kathryn Howard was basically carried to the block because she had collapsed and was so afraid. And that was despite her allegedly practising with the block and how to put her head the night before.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").