View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 12:32 PM
Lobsel Vith
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving in Stereo (View Post)
Nevertheless, what I’m finding contradictory about this addendum is that it’s attached to a lengthy post that is off topic for the most part and that has in its nature the potential to generate even more Fitzsimmons talk, almost as if baiting an off topic retort (which easily can be whipped up, btw).
And one could suggest that bringing up an off-topic subject in this thread to begin with is baiting people to engage with that topic, particularly given the purpose of this thread, but I see no point in such speculation. It's a discussion about a fictional show and fictitious characters, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving in Stereo (View Post)
However, as you have expressed a desire to drop the subject, I will now disengage from this topic as well, fully expecting you to practice what you preach this time around.
I'm certainly open to discussing Fitz and Skye, or certain storylines, or potential avenues that could have been explored. For example, had the show explored Simmons and Trip (like it was hinting at in Season One) rather than marginalizing him in a ridiculous fashion (and started the wave of criticism about the show's handling of black characters and the Rule of One trope), I think Fitz and Skye growing closer in Season 2 (because of her transformation into an Inhuman) would have been plausible.