View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 07:26 PM
Jen's Herald
Fan Forum Star

people really suck lately, especially the crowd that wasted their votes on the orange-faced hater-in-chief ugh. and oh yeah, the millions of internet trolls that just want to watch the world burn. get a life, you no-talent jealous keyboard clowns.

i saw mother! last night, and have quite a mix of emotions and some questions, but i very much see the symbolism of Mother Nature and the irrevocable harm we are forcing upon her, with this unchecked use of finite resources and not maintaining the balance of nature and life. there were so many dark and surreal imagery and themes, i really need to see it again in order to collect my thoughts. tbh, it wasn't horror to me, but much more a cautionary tale of where we're headed. whoever tried to sell this as traditional horror, really dropped the ball in promoting the horror genre, really it was more psychological in nature, if anything.

once i see it again, and answer my questions, and see several things i missed because it was dark, i will leave a review under spoiler tags.

i did love the acting and closeups of Jen, and think she did quite an award-worthy performance as Grace, and hope this film makes the people who saw it, think about what we are doing to this planet. everything is connected, no matter it's size or significance to the chain and balance of life. life is fragile, whether it is a human body or an ecosystem. think about that, trump, who believes in neither climate change nor pollution/climate agreements. smh.

i think i will try to see it again, next weekend, after i have time to finish processing what i just saw...