View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 02:50 PM
Nikkycoly
Loyal Fan

Quote:
But anyway, I would not take him back that soon!

I heard about that possibility before, but I think it would have made Dylan even worse.
See I totally disagree...just opinion I guess...by carrying out their relationship longer it made them a little bit more serious. I mean it would be believable that Dylan would go through this tragedy and Brenda would forgive him because "in the grand scheme of things" losing him wasn't like losing a father. She would see him through it like she always did and then they would be together for senior year. By KD lasting through it made them a high school couple too. And we all know Brenda and Dylan are the epitome of first love, high school sweethearts. Also it wouldn't be that far left for him to truly believe he made a mistake. By him waiting pretty much until Little Fish...after not getting along with Kelly by the way...it seemed worse. That's just my take on it. In all honesty the most perfect time for Dylan and Brenda to get back together was the season finale of season 4...and then to pick up in season 5...but hey not going to happen in Shannen world. But that probably would have been the best time...if you kept the rest of the series the same. Obviously it would have been the best if the summer of deception/betrayal never freaking happened at all but anyway

Since I started watching 90210 in 6th grade...so I was 11 yrs old...turning 12. (crazy to think about) I graduated 8th grade...going into high school in 1993...the same year the gang graduated high school. My first love was a boy named Mark. We started "end of 7th grade" dating and it lasted until the end of my freshman year. I was CRAZY about him. In junior high and excuse me when I say this but I was boy crazy early...Mark's best friend was this kid named Albert. I liked Albert for reasons that had nothing to do with Mark. Mark was a Dylan...soft spoken, wrote me love letters, smart, romantic. Albert was fun, a good dancer smooth and liked me...made me mixed tapes and was more like a David Silver. I had my own little triangle. it was brief but at one point I broke it off with Mark and started dating his friend. Now my feelings for Mark was way strong, intense...innocent physical but I realized he was the one for me. We got back together, the boys stayed friends and I ended up dating him into high school AND I had my own SPRING DANCE moment in high school as well. If I would have dragged out that relationship with Albert...more feelings would have been hurt and maybe the guys wouldn't have stayed friendly. I cried and begged and apologized that I had made a HUGE mistake and because Mark's first love feelings were real and the same he took me back...something we KNOW Brenda would have done too. Just a little example. Let me also remind you these BFF's also had a fist fight LOL at my Halloween party that 8th grade and didn't talk for a little while. They made up though and all was fine because Albert knew we were "in love" Awwww to be young again.

As you can see my life paralleled this show so much. I graduated high school when they graduated college. We used to have viewing parties with the girls with dinner etc. This show lol seriously defined my life LOL And I'll tell you what...about 8/9 years ago, we had a reunion...I saw Mark and we had a moment exactly like Brenda and Dylan in this episode. We were super young but thought fondly of one another. He is married and has a kid, I was married at the time and had a kid and we loved each other still. It was a TRUE first love experience that you'll always remember. Super crazy. I think his exact line to me at that reunion on the balcony I know cliche...was...it was real (wasn't it), very the notebook line, which I'm pretty sure he hadn't seen, if it was even out yet Pretty fantastic LOL There was a lot of feelings left even though we had grown up and moved on. It just wouldn't go away now being in our thirties. I'm not married anymore but if we started hanging out again and he was divorced etc, I would NO doubt go out with him again LOL So crazy to think about. Mark even asked me at the reunion, why did we even break up, I was so in love with you...and I said you dumped me...for that **** Melissa...he responded No I didn't. I was like yes Mark...yes you freaking did funny story though LOL What can I say...I met my Dylan much like Brenda...when we were way too young

Dylan Bren
https://www.youtube.com/c/DylanLovesBrenda
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1734518/NikkylovesBD

Last edited by Nikkycoly; 09-14-2017 at 02:56 PM