View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 01:19 PM
Nikkycoly
Loyal Fan

Yessss!!! I'm going to repost this because I don't want peeps to miss this It's just to good not too and plus if anyone wants to quote and reply its here so you don't have to go back and forth :wink:

So I found a 90210 podcast which by the way you guys should check out, its pretty hilarious at times. I've only listened to the episodes I was curious what they say about. They go through and pick apart the episode, have guests and pick best dressed 90's style and have a hilarious best of Brenda lines. Anyway interesting listening which these were recent, like Mr. Walsh goes to Washington being just done 7/2017. Anyway Charles Rosen answers questions or gives a inside scoop to every episode either in person or through the email. I listened to the podcast about The child is a father to the man, Dylan's dad's funeral episode. So Chuck Rosen says that the writers had originally planned to have Dylan...go to Brenda's arms because she was the one who always helped him and connected with him, unlike Kelly who would show her self centered shallow nature. It was a go to have them get back together...then because of Shannen's recent behavior in the press and being late Chuck Rosen...changed his mind and Dylan...stayed with Kelly. He finishes by saying...Oh what might have been. CRAZY right??? They had actually planned to get them back together so early on, but almost to punish Shannen they didn't. Then she hated the mid half of S3 because of the triangle and her character losing Dylan she started acting out more, which led to questions in her contract. By the start of s4 they had renewed her but then the cast would come to Aaron Spelling and say she's got to go. Even though when S4 was half over, she was on her best behavior and the writers and everyone had second thoughts. She ended up leaving some what mutually with Aaron...Shannen probably wanting to do other things and getting out of the already hairy relationships she had developed. Interesting huh. I knew some of this but NOT the intention of Kelly and Dylan being so short term. They thought it would have been the perfect time for their reconciliation because they always knew Brenda was better fitted with Dylan. And they were going to show Kelly's inability to connect with him, and be there for him because of her selfishness.

Honestly they kind of still did that. I mean Dylan and Brenda do reconnect, and S4 as we see shows BD get very close as friends...even leaning towards there still being feelings involved. Then when asked why they left BD with a cliff hanger in the season finale he said, the intention was for them to always have an open door with one another. He said they wanted to get Shannen back for season 6 and would have paid a boat load to do so, but she had started Charmed and Chuck Rosen left after season 5. Isn't that INSANE to think of the possibilities and what really honestly could have been. Us as BD fans always say they were end game...but they honestly really were. Honestly gives new meaning about this scene and episode. Especially because it obviously changed later on and still kept them connecting.

Dylan Bren
https://www.youtube.com/c/DylanLovesBrenda
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1734518/NikkylovesBD