View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 02:45 AM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

This wasn't the strongest episode of the season but I still enjoyed parts of it.

The whole kidnapping plot was kind of dumb and I didn't really see the point of the Liv and Luke scenes, but I like that Jo stepped in. I enjoyed her scenes with Damon, I found their banter humorous and the actors have good chemistry together.

I did like the Liv/Tyler scene though, I think they had a subtle sweetness to them. Also the small Matt moment even though he had nothing to do this episode either.

Stefan had nothing to do this episode, the whole Sarah plot is dumb and just dragging. Enzo in particular is really obnoxious and annoying at this point. He really just feels useless on this show, I still don't understand why they kept him around. I mean, he didn't even do anything this episode and just says that his revenge is best cultivated? Okay. Useless.

I really enjoyed the Caroline plot. It felt reckless of her to just inject her mom with her blood without waiting longer to see the results of the other patient but I understand that she's under a lot of stress trying to find an instant cure. To me that does feel in Caroline's character. I really enjoyed the S/C scenes that we got but I wish that Stefan would have encouraged Caroline to wait it out a bit longer. The "home" quote was really sweet though. I also love that he told her his secret about Sarah. The little hand hold was sweet. I loved the obvious tension between them in that moment, they both so obviously have feelings.

I am getting a bit tired of Kai at this point. And we are only halfway through the season. He just irritates me. I think we could all use a break from him for a while. YAY for Jeremy and Alaric coming through at the end and injecting him!

Obviously I loved the DE scenes. When Damon staked her . And her little joke on him was cute, but wtf. The hand hold and Elena saying she felt alive was sweet. But I enjoyed the after scene i think even more. I love that she asked him out on a date again and the little flirtation between them, it was really great.