View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 10:25 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yep, she definitely didn't respect Peyton enough, especially when she tried to get her back together with Nathan, someone who she knew was bad for her 'BFF' but didn't care because she wanted Lucas. Loyal best friends don't do that and I use that episode as an example when people say Brooke was OOC. I wouldn't have started Jake/Brooke up then, since I do think she and Luke needed their first relationship for their character developments, but I definitely would have changed some things about it though. Probably would have started Bake storyline at the end of Season 1 though.
What bothers me is some people who started watching the series later (around season 5) that think Brooke gets unnecessarily ripped because she's a decent, flawed person. LOL Umm, actually watch seasons 1-4 before making that statement, please, thanks. I kid you not, I know a few people who have no idea what Brooke was like in the first half of the series and try to fight for her like she's been this angel all along. They also see Peyton season 5 and think SHE'S the Brooke Davis of the show, too. So irritating. No, just no.

When do you think would have been a good time for Brooke/Jake?

Another question... let's say a nightmare happened and Brooke/Lucas would have stayed together past season 3 and even ended up together... I had a difficult time writing that. But let's just say that transpired... would you have been on board with Peyton ending up with Jake?

Quote:
I liked Chris too and besides him kissing an married woman, he didn't really do anything that bad imo. Nathan and Haley were more to blame with what went on in season 2 in my eyes and I didn't like the kiss scene, since it was OOC to do that and it kinda also tainted Naley a little bit for me.
I agree. I liked Chris a lot. Tyler was great. Naley honestly got married too young... I really wish they would have waited a little while longer to go there. Thus, why I actually think it was really realistic that they were messed up in season 2. I will forever think it was about the both of them freaking out a bit that they got married so young. I know that was never a theme or discussed out loud but I think it was unspoken. They just got married and two seconds later Haley's leaving... spells out on a psychological level that they shouldn't have gotten married so early.

Quote:
I would have loved it if him and Peyton got so close that he ended up walking her down the aisle at LP's wedding.
Me too.

Quote:
It was annoying seeing him that way in his love life because outside of that, he was an awesome mature guy and I will never like that the writers didn't allow him to grow from his flaws just because they were too lazy to think of other ways to create drama. Luke was so poorly written in season 5 and because of it, I couldn't really blame Chad for having enough of playing Luke since the writers were clearly more concerned with pleasing all of the fanbases than giving him an decent storyline. Agreed, throwing the Nanny in there was just dumb imo.
Agreed. He was mature in every other way but this area. Thankfully he got it right. Yes, if you just take a look at Lucas season 5 as a whole, Chad had to have been annoyed playing him. He knew the character of Lucas better than any of us. He understood how stupid Lucas was being to Peyton and the situation as a whole. I hate to include this but it's probably true... he did probably want to get away from Sophia shooting daggers at him as well. I am sure that played a part too. I don't blame him for wanting to go do other stuff either. I just wish the series would have tied up the second the credits rolled in the finale of 6. I will forever dislike seasons 7-9 as a whole. OTH ended the second the finale of 6 was done. When I think of seasons 7-9 I ignore Clay/Quinn and just focus on Brooke getting a satisfying ending with Julian and Naley and family getting a great ending too. A couple of the secondary characters as well I think about but that's really it and I don't need to rewatch seasons 7-9 to SEE any of that either.

Quote:
We deserved to see that imo.
We did.

Would you be in favor of a reunion sort of like a Gilmore Girls thing?