View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 08:49 AM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
It certainly wasn't out of character for Brooke to do that. She never respected Peyton. She never respected her concerning romantic life or family life. Peyton had to go to Whitey while she continued to mourn her mother and then Lucas too. Brooke didn't have a clue Peyton was in so much pain. She didn't care. Brooke tried pushing Peyton back to Nathan (knowing how horribly he treated her) just to get Lucas. Brooke was capable of having sex with Nathan while Nathan/Peyton were taking a short break and not having any guilt whatsoever. She was that awful. I wish when the party transpired and Brooke had that quick interaction with Jake it would have been the beginning of Brooke/Jake. That would have stopped the triangle and maybe Brooke would have had some decency in the early seasons.
Yep, she definitely didn't respect Peyton enough, especially when she tried to get her back together with Nathan, someone who she knew was bad for her 'BFF' but didn't care because she wanted Lucas. Loyal best friends don't do that and I use that episode as an example when people say Brooke was OOC. I wouldn't have started Jake/Brooke up then, since I do think she and Luke needed their first relationship for their character developments, but I definitely would have changed some things about it though. Probably would have started Bake storyline at the end of Season 1 though.

Quote:
I liked Chris too which is why I wish he wasn't drooling over every girl in Tree Hill in the beginning. I would have liked Chris and Haley as friends only without Chris being romantically attracted to her. Haley made it clear after the kiss it was just that but I still wish the kiss was eliminated. Haley got loads of hate in season 2 because of that kiss. I don't think she would have gotten so much hate if she just would have left without that interaction.
I liked Chris too and besides him kissing an married woman, he didn't really do anything that bad imo. Nathan and Haley were more to blame with what went on in season 2 in my eyes and I didn't like the kiss scene, since it was OOC to do that and it kinda also tainted Naley a little bit for me.

Quote:
Definitely.
I would have loved it if him and Peyton got so close that he ended up walking her down the aisle at LP's wedding.

Quote:
We mentioned this before... it's like Lucas didn't even mature and evolve... he was hiding behind Brooke in seasons 2/3, he was hiding behind Lindsey in season 5. That was not evolution, it was Luke being back in high school making the same mistakes. If Brooke could grow up some by season 5, you'd think Luke would be past that. Naley and the injury was a good storyline actually but the second the nanny got involved, it just went bonkers.
It was annoying seeing him that way in his love life because outside of that, he was an awesome mature guy and I will never like that the writers didn't allow him to grow from his flaws just because they were too lazy to think of other ways to create drama. Luke was so poorly written in season 5 and because of it, I couldn't really blame Chad for having enough of playing Luke since the writers were clearly more concerned with pleasing all of the fanbases than giving him an decent storyline. Agreed, throwing the Nanny in there was just dumb imo.

Quote:
I
Exactly. We hardly go to see Leyton and their daughter function together as a family. She was born and they were off basically. It sucked.
We deserved to see that imo.