View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Jasper1975
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
You never know what happened over the summer. We didn't see a lot of their talks just baby drama.

However from what we saw from the Busted Flashbacks we did see them trying to rebuild and regain some trust.

I personally thought the semi skinny dipping scene was a little too much. (maybe later on in the season) It was way to early for them to be doing that. I could understand how with a new network they wanted something shocking. I remember my freinds were shoked to see it happen. It felt so out of character.

Later on in the season yes but not right away. The Rebel with out a case thing was too much too soon but they wanted something shocking with the new network to get new fans and to draw people in so I get it.

I feel if season 3 started with them going slow then having Changes and the Liz rant in the beginning it would of made more sense.

Busted to me could of been a great mid season cliff hanger. Then as the season went on slowly show them building the friendship and love back. Have them bond over the search for Max's son and them rebuilding their relationship.

Then chant Down Babalion could of been a great way to show that they came full circle and that they were going to be ok.

Later in the season could of been Isabel's wedding with the Kivar drama, 4 Aliens and a Baby, and then Graduation.
True. Although given they had a reduced episode count by the end, any plan they had was forced to be revised. I think they wanted to show Isabel running into marriage, and then having to face the fact Jesse married into a circle that he had no knowledge of, and what it does to a marriage. So it was very fast, probably too fast but that was why the there was genuine discomfort with Isabel marrying Jesse. Doing it any later in the season would take away Isabel's rushing. Waiting, would have maybe allowed her to come to her senses. It also gave Katherine (who was very vocal about wanting something to do) a storyline in Season 3. It's a great story, viewing it now.

I think Max and Liz were going slow... But slow for them goes very fast very quickly. And that ultimately was their issue. Remember this the couple who went from Blind Date to Sexual Healing very fast. So for them rushing back to each other, and then a simple date progresses to skinny dipping isn't that far fetched given their history.

The skinny dipping scene was to show that they were getting back into their comfort zone and then his near drowning due to the message from the baby gets its vehicle to make a impact.

Sure if you really wanted to rearrange to fit a more realistic, it could be done. And certain things could have been done differently but I also think when UPN reduced to episode count, any hope of having a more coherent season was shot to hell because things had to be tied up...

Busted, I think was a symptom of them racing back to each other too fast without talking.

As you said, we don't know what happened that summer. They may have talked about Future Max, and probably did. But I can see why fans actually wanted to see the discussion.

I think the Changes arc was given more importance because it was so close to graduation because university and life decisions had to be made. Looking at Maria who was at the same time going through her own crisis, so I don't think it could have been done earlier because having them on a more firm ground would negate a lot of what was needed to give Chant Down Babylon it's impact.

So they legitimately did decide to go slow after Vermont, but of course they were soon back to more in their comfort zone.

After Vermont, we will never know what they had plan to do because they had to compact the stories to tie up loose ends, to end the show.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!