View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 10:50 AM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I hated it so much though. But yes, if it would have ended without the revisit, I would have been okay. The other thing I hated was finding out Brooke had sex with Nathan while Nathan/Peyton were off during their on and off bit. I despise seeing Brooke cheating with Nathan, continuing pursuit of Lucas and how she did this to Peyton not caring... add in how little she knew about Peyton's struggle over the loss of her mom... Brooke was so insensitive to Peyton in about every aspect of her life and I hated it.
I didn't mind the triangle drama in S1 compared to S2/3 since at least, the show wasn't trying to sell BL as an ****ty love story. I definitely would have erased the cheating and had Luke break up with Brooke before LP hooked up or anything. As much as I love LP/Peyton, the sex tape was clearly an attempt to even the score between Brooke and Peyton, but at the same time it definitely wasn't OOC for either her or Nathan to do that. I would have erased Jeyton hanging out at the end of that season and replaced it with Brooke/Jake instead.

Quote:
I would have had Haley go away and study music, some sort of music thing tied to education. Something that mutually both Haley and Nathan would have been on board with without the dramatic BS of that Haley/Chris kiss, Chris into her, lack of communication. The biggest drama/struggle would have been coping long distance but without lack of communication or a threat to their marriage.
Probably would have Haley go on a academic scholarship tbh, since I think the music storyline should have been left for a later season imo. Even though I liked Chris as a character (& he was one of the few things about S2 I liked) , I would have changed his purpose to appear in that season and not have him go after Haley romantically at all.

Quote:
Mark messed this one up. The real Derek was awesome and didn't have enough screen time.
Agreed, he had the potential to be an great character and he wasn't around for nearly long enough. Should have appeared more in season 5 and 6 too.

Quote:
Right, Carrie too! LOL Both LL and Carrie worked my last nerve. It wasn't just annoyance, it was lingering, wasted screentime BS that wasn't necessary. If Mark wanted drama between LP in season 5 it didn't have to be a third party. That's lazy writing. Have them be apart because of what happened in LA and give them good solid storylines on their own for a while then... Lucas and writing, Lucas and Nathan stuff, Peyton struggling with her career, etc. I dislike when showrunners feel the only way to create drama between a main pairing is with a third party/triangle. That's lazy! In real life do triangles happen? Sure, but not nearly as much as they happen on the small and large screen.
I think my main issue with both storylines is that they were both just contrived forced attempts to create drama between both couples, when focusing on the issues between them instead would have been an much better storyline imo. Seeing both Lucas and Peyton trying to succeed career wise while trying to rebuild their relationship would have been much more interesting than Luke hiding behind an girl again because he is too scared to get hurt by Peyton again. With Naley, the injury angst at the start of S5 was much better imo than what we got with them with Carrie.

Quote:
The Brooke getting attacked story was precisely to highlight Brooke in victim mode and the others being insensitive pricks. This goes back to our theory that Mark worshipped Brooke. I think Chad and Hilarie, as usual, played Leyton to perfection in every moment on the screen, especially the dramatic moments. But since Leyton left shortly after the pregnancy drama, it would have been so nice seeing Leyton and Naley happy, spending time together, fun date nights, before Leyton left. That is why I wish the timeline would have been Leyton married in the finale of 5, Leyton giving birth around mid-season 6, some happy Leyton times until they drove off into the sunset in the finale of 6.
I think making out that LPNH were actually there for her during that time would have improved that storyline for me imo. Changing the whole timeline for Leyton's wedding and pregnancy would have worked so much better for me, since it was a bit rushed at the end of S6. Seeing more moments with Sawyer would have been fantastic imo.

Last edited by stlavin95; 09-08-2017 at 12:42 PM