View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 03:59 AM
loquacity
Addicted Fan

Looking For Alibrandi's one of my fave books, and while the movie is quite good, I'll never love it as much as I love the book, though all of the actors are great in the movie. Anthony LaPaglia has an Aussie accent in that movie, which was made back in 2000, right? Speaking of Anthony, Poppy Montgomery, his co-star Sam Spade on Without A Trace is also Australian, I believe. I think she was born and raised in Sydney.

I loved Memento, it's an interesting movie with original execution, it made me feel like I suffered from Lenny's condition. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I originally watched it because a) it had Carrie-Anne Moss and Joe Pantoliano in it and I loved them both in The Matrix and b) it was voted as one of the best movies in history on IMDB and I wanted to know if it really was as good as everyone had said. I think it is, IMO, it's just a fabulous movie all round. Quite thought-provoking.

Speaking of Guy Pearce has anyone seen Dating The Enemy, with Claudia Karvan? I love that movie, I always watch it whenever it comes on TV. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] They're both really good in their reversed roles, Claudia especially. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Paperback Hero has already been mentioned and I love that movie as well, Hugh Jackman is so hot. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] I like him as Wolverine in the X Men movies too, although I think X2 is the much better film.

My favourite Nicole Kidman movie is Moulin Rouge, of course, and The Others. I normally hate horror movies but this one was so well-done and I just loved it. Brilliant, though it freaked me out. I also liked The Ring with Naomi Watts - my friend and I actually had trouble sleeping after watching that movie, I kept on imagining the snow screen and Samara climbing out of it. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

TWOP! I heart that site, the Alias recaps are hilarious, and I love reading the forums, great site for getting info too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
loquacity is offline   Reply With Quote