View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 09:18 PM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
There is 162 games played over approximately six months, plus the postseason. The regular season typically goes from early April to late September, followed by the postseason in October.
Wow those are a lot of games and baseball games do last more than soccer game. At least this is the impression I have had.

Quote:
Always.
Same for me. Talking about meetings today I have one hell of agenda:

9:30-10:00 -> meeting with my project manager to discuss a task
10:00-11:00-> meeting with Bulgarian and French people discussing testing
11:00-13:00-> planing for our next cycle (we plan a set of tasks each 6 weeks)
14:00-15:00-> interview
15:00-16:00-> Demo meeting (each 2 weeks the joint French-Bulgarian team demonstrates what they have done)
16:00-18:00-> retrospective meeting (each 2 weeks the joint French-Bulgarian team has meeting to reflect on the past two weeks, to discuss what's been good and what needs to be improved)

And the day basically ends there. No time for me to actually work .

Quote:
Interesting. Do they all have similar school years in length? For example, the university you attended starting earlier... would you end the school year earlier than the other one that started in October?
Yes we would end the school year earlier . But overall the studying experience is quite different in those two universities. For example for us the attendance was mandatory for all lectures and labs. Not that I have been to all, but I compensated my absence with studying on my own and doing my homework and labs and even doing more complex projects compared to what is required. On the other hand in this other university professors do not care if you are there or not.

We had only written exams. Well excluding the German language where they do have to check speaking comprehension. But yeah all other exams were written. In this other university you always have two parts exams - written and verbal.

The last thing was not even specific for my university, but just for my faculty/school. In most places the written exams are topics on which people should write. So it's theory based and you are expected to write like 3-4 pages. Well most of my exams were task oriented. I would have short 1 hour exam with say 10 tasks to solve where you really need to know the theory well. I was even allowed to use my books and notes during exams. But that's solely specific only for my faculty. It's because we are influenced by the German schooling.

Still I consider myself lucky because this is the system that works for me. I hate memorizing long written texts. I love solving tasks so this worked out awesome for me. I also hate verbal exams .

Did you have verbal exams and how did you feel about them?