View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 07:18 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

What's everyone doing this weekend? Anyone have holiday plans?

We have a massive State Fair in Minnesota. It's been award winning for years and years. It's huge. People come from all around the country to attend. My nieces and friends all went together which I thought was cool (Anna's friend drove both sets of friends), sister and brother-in-law went with friends yesterday. I actually would enjoy going but don't think I'm going to go this year. I was at the Mall of America yesterday (had an appointment with Apple) and couldn't believe the amount of people. Many park their cars at the Mall of America and then take a bus to the State Fairgrounds. We are also talking tourists being here over the holiday and it being a weekend in general. It took me about 40 minutes to find a parking spot. My dad ended up running in first. What a zoo. But once you get into the Mall of America it's so huge you don't feel the crowds very much. You do in the parking lot, though, and with all the hotels surrounding, it feels like NYC.

Anyway, this weekend we are cleaning, getting the new furniture, watching sports. No specific holiday plans.