View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 07:11 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Why do you think this happens?
I think you have your diehard baseball fans but there are some who believe the season is too long and want it shortened. However, the baseball playoffs, no one is talking about them being boring or too long. Baseball playoffs are awesome. '

But I think to non-Americans the game can seem boring when you compare it to our other sports. That ex-French friend who hates sports in general attended a Chicago Cubs baseball game. She thought it was boring. That's because she was dumb and didn't realize she was witnessing attending a game of a storied franchise and didn't bother researching the culture, certainly the rules of the game. If she had understanding AND still thought it was boring, so be it but she didn't even try understanding the culture of the game in general, and the specific team and how storied they are. Then again, she hates sports in general, including soccer. But I can see why baseball wouldn't be as appealing to non-Americans at the same time. It is America's Pastime. We celebrate it around the 4th of July when families go to the ballparks, etc. There's a lot of history around the sport and our culture.

Quote:
Yes and too many games might lead to health issues and injuries.
Exactly. It would be way too much.

Quote:

True.

Are you expected to talk a lot during those meetings? Also how long they are usually and how many people participate?

I see. Is it the same for every university or it depends?
Yes, I have to talk some during the meetings. One meeting is generally anywhere from 1-3 hours. For these upcoming meetings, there will be about 8-10 people.

It depends but usually the same rules apply for universities in certain parts of the country. But you also have public colleges and private colleges too. Both schedules are different as well.