View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 04:47 AM
crazylittlecandygirl
Passionate Fan

I think that if it weren't for Daryl, I would probably stop watching the show. It's very hard to watch and has become even harder with the brutal death of Glenn and the constant suffering of Daryl. I love Daryl though and the Reedus so keep watching for him.

I (unfortunately) don't believe that Daryl will find happiness though. I think they missed the opportunity with Beth. Honestly, it makes me so mad because the Daryl/Beth scenes from season 4 were probably the best on the show. Norman and Emily had some great chemistry and I don't think Daryl will feel that way about anybody again.

I think Daryl will either go out in a blaze of glory or it will be like Norman Reedus envisions it...
Quote:
"If that were to happen, I'd like him to just walk away and just walk away into the woods, and people go, 'Where the heck is that guy?'" Reedus said. "You know what I mean? It's like, 'Oh, he gets shot.' 'Oh, he turns into a zombie.' 'They put him down.' We've seen all of that happen so many times. I think with Darryl, because he came in that way, I think he should go out that way. He should just walk away, and people are like, 'What ever happened to him?' Nobody knows. He's like the Outlaw Josey Wales or some s---."
Yeah, I've read both Still Breathing and She's Breathing. They are both brilliant fics. I must say I was quite skeptical about reading fics where Beth survives a bullet to the head, both because of it's unlikeliness and because Beth getting shot in head was so upsetting anyway and I would rather read fics where it didn't happen. However, there are some absolutely brilliant stories about her surviving it like Still Breathing and She's Breathing so I'm really glad I gave it a chance and read them.

{Kate}