View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 09:51 PM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
It was definitely enough for them to work as friends though,
True .

Quote:
I didn't like her in season 1, but my feelings grew for her during season 2, so it sucks that putting her back together with Luke ruined that. Or maybe I enjoyed her so much because the rest of core 5 storylines weren't that great that season.
No. In Season 2 she really was more bearable. She was not that selfish and self-centered. Or she was, but not in that annoying way as Season 1, Season 3 and 4.

Quote:
I definitely wouldn't have killed her off either, since Peyton deserved an mother figure and the show in general needed more decent parents outside of Karen and Keith to some extent.
True .

Quote:
The distance was definitely causing some issues at that point, so it really wouldn't be at difficult change for the break up to be about that. Luke definitely want to spend his life with Peyton, but he asked for all of the wrong reasons and didn't think it completely through.
Agree . And I would have liked them breaking up over the distance thing without the proposal part.

Quote:
She definitely wasn't confused about that lol, she was just surprising that him and Lindsay were still together. Lucas giving all of those mixed signals definitely didn't help either since he was clearly still in love with her but he didn't have the balls to admit it.
I have to disagree here.I am not saying that Lucas handled the situation properly, but Peyton also did not handle it properly. I guess I am not into that type of stories. Unlike most people I actually fully agreed with Haley in Season 5 regarding the whole Lucas/Peyton/Lindsay stuff. I know that it's not popular opinion, but it's how I saw it too. Then again it does tie down with the fact that I related the most with Haley. And Haley annoyed me only in two points in the series (for the seasons I have watched). I did not agree how she handled the things in Season 2. She deserved to go on that tour and Nathan had no right to give her ultimatum, but she could have communicated this better with him. And I did not agree with her spending more time with Mia in Season 5 than her husband. Other than that not only she actually did not annoy me, but I completely agreed with her.

Quote:
Them getting married really wouldn't have changed that storyline in S6 all that much and probably would have given more material to work with in the first half of S6. Plus it would have avoided the whole rushed feeling that the end of S6 did.
In general yes. With writers like OTH ones you never know . Prolonging Leyton marriage was a mistake for me because at some point the prolonging just did not make sense.

Quote:
Same here, some fics are a lot better than what the show actually did.
True . Do you have some favorites?