View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 12:51 AM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
True
It was definitely enough for them to work as friends though,

Quote:
I did not care about her in the first two seasons. Sometimes I liked her in Season 3 - on some level she did support Naley. I liked her in some moments in Season 4 - witch Chase. I started really liking Brooke in Season 5, but as it was disaster I did not watch the show for long after that.
I didn't like her in season 1, but my feelings grew for her during season 2, so it sucks that putting her back together with Luke ruined that. Or maybe I enjoyed her so much because the rest of core 5 storylines weren't that great that season.

Quote:
Agree
Yep and spending all of that time together rebuilding their friendship would change that feeling of course.

Quote:
Yeah I am not sure that I would have killed off Ellie. I do understand that maybe they did not have good enough stories for her as a parent, but indeed aside Karen there were no good parental figures in this show. I would say that those 5 OTH characters turned out awesome given the parents they had
I definitely wouldn't have killed her off either, since Peyton deserved an mother figure and the show in general needed more decent parents outside of Karen and Keith to some extent.

Quote:
True. They could have broken up because of the distance and not because of the proposal. Not to mention that at that point the proposal did not make sense. I mean I get that they were destined to get married, but Lucas wanted to use this marriage differently. I am firm believer that people do not need to sign to get together. If they want to be together, they will be even without the marriage. To marry someone just to be sure that you will be together is not my idea for love.
The distance was definitely causing some issues at that point, so it really wouldn't be at difficult change for the break up to be about that. Luke definitely want to spend his life with Peyton, but he asked for all of the wrong reasons and didn't think it completely through.

Quote:
For me it was not so much as to why she stayed so long, but as to the way she acted once she came back. It was like I was gone for 2 years, we had no contact or what's so ever, but why are you not wanting to be with me. It was weird. Not that Lucas was any better. He did not understand why Peyton did not want the marriage. She never said "No, period". She said "Not right now"
She definitely wasn't confused about that lol, she was just surprising that him and Lindsay were still together. Lucas giving all of those mixed signals definitely didn't help either since he was clearly still in love with her but he didn't have the balls to admit it.

Quote:
I would have been OK with them getting married earlier. I would have enjoyed watching them married if done properly (The writers did not handle the best possible the married Naley couple so you never know with them).
Them getting married really wouldn't have changed that storyline in S6 all that much and probably would have given more material to work with in the first half of S6. Plus it would have avoided the whole rushed feeling that the end of S6 did.

Quote:
If only someone had thought about that or had written fic about that. I would have enjoyed it.
Same here, some fics are a lot better than what the show actually did.