View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 PM
sum1
Fan Forum Star

Watched some of Jessica Jones. It's good. Krysten Ritter is great in the role. She brings personality, strength and relatable vulnerability to the character. I love the attitude she gives the character. I saw that in her Breaking Bad performances too. The acting and character portrayal is good all around in the show and it has atmosphere and flavour. It's geared to a considerably older audience than most superhero movies and tv shows. I think the Netflix Marvel shows are in general. Mike Colter plays Luke Cage in Jessica Jones and he's good. He has the confidence necessary to make his character's invulnerability believable. Strong presence, sympathetic. In the comics Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are married with a kid.

David Tennant does very well as the Purple Man in the show. He was a crap Doctor on Doctor Who, but he's real good in this. He makes the guy so creepy and psycho. The Purple Man isn't half so scary in the comics. The story of the Purple Man abusing Jessica Jones is from the comics. In the comics he's not just dressed in purple, he actually is purple-skinned. I'm glad the didn't go with that here. This show gives a very good portrayal of how horrible mind control is ("is" rather than "would be" because it kind of exists in the real world as brainwashing and other stuff). If anybody thinks the Jedi Mind Trick is innocent they should watch this show.