View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 02:21 AM
FireQueen
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gynge (View Post)
I do consider Julian and Zoom just love interests.
I agree about Julian because he lost any semblance of a storyline once he got interested in Caitlin. Zoom wasn't just the love interest though. He was the big bad of the season. In that instance it was Caitlin who got reduced to the girlfriend of someone they'd gonna reveal as a villain. A regular got used to further the storyline of a guest star and that didn't sit well with me That's one of the reasons why I find Caitlin/Hunter much much more problematic than Caitlin/Julian.

At first I wasn't against Caitlin/Jay even though Ronnie had been dead for six months. Looking back, I think Caitlin let go of her guilt over Ronnie's death once she had her convo with Barry at Mercury Labs, so her crushing on Jay soon after that didn't bother me that much. It was cute at times and they had nice chemistry. The problem is that they kept cutting scenes that served as a build-up to the romance so the whole thing started feeling extremely forced. The Zoom reveal was probably the final nail in the coffin. I couldn't get behind that kind of toxic relationship. I probably would have been more interested in a passionate romance with Zoom and Killer Frost. Both villains