View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 10:21 PM
nashville fan
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I'm hoping it is - even though I know the 16 episode S6 is coming up. Maybe by some miracle the show will be put out of its misery before they can continue to ruin it. At any rate, it was the end for me and in my imagination, this ****show of a season never happened.

I feel that the new showrunners have an incredibly and overwhelmingly negative view of women. That includes Rayna on down to freaking Daphne. That includes the randos they threw at Avery. Their view of men as longsuffering and saintly OR immature (Zach) isn't much better. I don't believe these writers capable of writing this show in a way that would match S1-4 as far as character depth (outside of Deacon, one of their pet characters) and staying true to the theme of Nashville. Not Rayna vs. Juliette, obviously, but the connection to music is now reserved only for some characters. When's the last time you've seen Gunnar/Avery/Will writing? Right. They view Juliette as a perpetually troubled person when that's not who she was in the original series. She doesn't have to be the Heather Locklear of this show - she wasn't meantto be. Some viewers wanted to see her actually truly happy (and Scarlett, the perpetual mope) and not flitting from one damaging action to another. They could have accomplished this and not lost her sass if they had the skill to do so. What the hell was the point of the entire religious arc if it led to nothing?

I'll be very shocked if all the main cast returns for S6. Highly doubt that all of them will make the cut/want to return.
Agree! I wish just for once they would write Juliette as being a happy care-free, sexy young woman who loves and is "turned-on" by her equally sexy husband. And as someone who adores and enjoys spending time with her baby daughter. As you asked about what the point of the religious arc was if it led to nothing, why did they have Juliette face her childhood demons concerning the loss of her father if she was to be continually stuck in the past? I wish they would at least try to come up with something original and fresh for her.

When I first heard all the things Marshall had planned for the show, I was so excited. I envisioned fast-paced up-beat stories about the HWY65 team going on tour together and the ups and downs of the music business with lots of light-hearted levity thrown in for some comic relief. Not the depressing mind boggling mire of each individual character that we got. I wanted to see Avery play back-up guitar with Juliette and sing duets with her on stage as Emily held Cadence and watched them from the sideline. The same thing with Gunnar and Scarlett... I didn't care if they were on-again or off-again. I just wanted to hear them perform together...to harmonize to that beautiful music. Same with Will. Same with Deacon. And for that fact, same with the Conrad sisters. (BTW, why isn't Maddie attending some kind of school whether it be public, private or home getting her GED?) I wanted the worst thing the team had to worry about was whether they would get to an arena in time or what happened to their costumes that have come up missing. I know this probably wouldn't work for 16 shows, but it could work for one story arc.