View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 05:30 AM
DiamondGirl5
Dedicated Fan

The general theme of this episode is about truth. and about what constitutes betrayal, and it seemed to want to drive home that Harvey is somehow betraying Donna simply by not telling her about Paula, but I'm with you--I don't care how close Harvey and Donna are, it's not Donna's business who Harvey chooses to date. Plus, it's hardly unusual for someone in a new relationship to share that with anyone while the relationship is still new.

This is just a theory, but Mike must be motivated by something other than wanting to help this family in the prison case. Despite his denial to Harvey in 704, I think Mike does have an issue with Alex being senior partner at PSL, or at least the idea of someone like Alex being in a position of influence with Harvey. Mike's competitive enough to want to prove he's better than Alex, and maybe even that he (Mike) should have been made senior partner instead of someone new being brought it. Of course, Mike is being very self-centered and myopic--he seems unaware of the untenable position in which his actions have placed Rachel. Of course, I want Mike and Harvey to get through this, but Mike should have to work hard to regain Harvey's trust. Hopefully, Rachel will be his much-needed voice of reason.

I see your point about Donna inserting herself into Louis's relationship with Harvey, but I think she's had to mediate that relationship for so long that it's hard for her to step back and let them try to relate like adults.