View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 11:50 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Yeah. Before I went there, I would've pronounce that The U.P. instead of The Yoop like the locals do.

As a Cleveland native I grew up on Lake Erie. Literally, Lake Erie was in the backyard of my childhood home. When I was a child my dad also did business in Chicago. Quite often, a bunch of us would go with him and spend summers right on Lake Michigan. That is, when we weren't in Western Pennsylvania in the mountains accumulating wonderful memories. Then I moved to Minnesota which is the Land of 10,000 Lakes. A good friend of mine who is a lawyer has a house right off of Lake Minnetonka which is a huge lake in the Twin Cities. Numerous celebrities/athletes have homes on Lake Minnetonka. I've also gone up to Duluth and have spent time in that gorgeous area right off of Lake Superior. My mom's side of the family is from Western Pennsylvania, my dad's side of the family is from Cleveland, Ohio. Thus, how this Cleveland native found a way to love both the Cleveland Browns and the Pittsburgh Steelers. I know I'm the only one in history that feels this way. Anyway, one set of relatives on my mom's side moved to Detroit, Michigan, or a suburb of Detroit when my cousins were just out of high school. We have gone up to the UP several times since they moved to Michigan. It's a gorgeous area.

So as you can see, my history is Lakes with a splash of Mountains. LOL I know oceans are terrific too. But at the end of the day I am all about Lakes, especially the Great Lakes. They are in my blood. So give me Lake Superior, Lake Erie, Lake Michigan, and I'm good to go.

Do you have any general comments about your trip and the places you visited? What about the locals... any stories to tell about the locals in the Midwest you interacted with?