View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 12:24 PM
Mo Nighean Donn
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Gold Derby: Of all of the nominations for the show, it had to be particularly sweet to see that Alexander Skarsgård [got one] since you had so many scenes with him.

Nicole: I said to him, ‘aaah, you’ve got to get nominated’ and he looked at me like, ‘oh, I don’t think I will.’ And I’m like, “what?!” And I think any actor will tell you that you are only as good as your other actors and obviously the director, but it’s a dance and if you are not both doing it together, it’s not going to work. And so to have him acknowledged and really lauded, because he really went to a really dark place to play this role and a lot of times you can almost be persecuted for that and instead he’s been rewarded because people can see the skill and what he did. And for he and both wanted the relationship to be complicated. And as dark and toxic as it is, it’s also got to have this attraction and love and emotion. And the depth of that has to be there so when they sit on the couch together when they are in therapy or when they are anywhere they interact, you feel their pull, their push-pull that is important.