View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 09:36 AM
slave4buffy
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Britney D/Jer:
<STRONG>Isen't Katie Holmes in this "Batman"? I think she plays Christian Bale's girlfriend.

~ Britney
James' Shamless Hussie
Keeper of Todd and The Drunken Speech</STRONG>
she sure is. she plays Rachel, a childhood love interest of Bruce Wayne/Batman and the assistant to the district attorney.

here's some updates gang:

ign filmforce has up a positive review of the script(a few minor spoilers)..
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/49...html?fromint=1

Sergeant Jim Gordon has recently been cast(since this is batman's early years, Gordon isn't the commish yet)..

IGN FilmForce Exclusive: Who Is Jim Gordon?
We know who has been cast in Batman Begins!

March 03, 2004 - IGN FilmForce can break the news as to who has been cast against type as Sergeant (later Lieutenant then Commissioner) Jim Gordon in Batman Begins: Gary Oldman!

That's right: honest cop Jim Gordon will be portrayed by the 46-year-old British thesp best known for playing Dracula, Dr. Smith, Mason Verger, Joe Orton, Sid Vicious, Pontius Pilate, Beethoven, Drexl Spivey, and Lee Harvey Oswald! He'll next be seen as Sirius Black in another Warner Brothers franchise pic, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Past rumored contenders for the role of Gordon included Chris Cooper, Dennis Quaid, and Kurt Russell.

Our sources advised us that Oldman's casting will hit the trades later tonight. (UPDATE: Sure enough, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed it as of 11PM EST.)

Batman Begins starts filming March 16th on location in Iceland, the U.K. and the United States. Christopher Nolan directs from a script by David Goyer.

The cast includes Christian Bale as Batman, Michael Caine as Alfred, Katie Holmes as Rachel Dodson, Liam Neeson as Ducard, Ken Watanabe as ra's al Ghul, Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, Cillian Murphy as Jonathan Crane, and Larry Holden as D.A. Fisk.

So what do you think of Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon?

and for those wondering, i'll give you a synopsis of the movie as well as the cast so far...
"Batman Begins," director Christopher Nolan's highly anticipated film, has commenced production in Iceland, with Gary Oldman joining the all-star cast. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

In "Batman Begins," Oldman will play Lieutenant James Gordon, a detective on the Gotham police force. The film stars Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman; Michael Caine as his trusted butler Alfred; Katie Holmes as Rachel, a childhood friend of Wayne's; Liam Neeson as Wayne's mentor, Henri Ducard; Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, a former board member and sidelined employee of Wayne Enterprises; and Ken Watanabe as the villainous Ra's Al Ghul.

Directed by Christopher Nolan from a screenplay by David Goyer and Christopher Nolan, "Batman Begins" is produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Larry Franco. The executive producers are Ben Melniker and Michael Uslan. The film is based on characters created by Bob Kane and published by DC Comics.

"Batman Begins" is scheduled to film in Iceland, London and Chicago.

The film, which explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight's emergence as a force for good in Gotham, will be released worldwide in Summer 2005 by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

and finally an early description of the batsuit from batman-on-film.com...

"The Batsuit is currently being made at a secret location in Hampshire and will be delivered to Shepperton late April. The other description online [from BOF--Jett] was probably the dummy cowl with the same surface material which is being used for camera testing only, this one may be in the Bob Kane 1930s design as a joke. The genuine suit appears to be in seperate sections at the costume designer's Hampshire workshop, although the only parts missing were the utility belt and boots which weren't visible when I took a peek.

The body and sections are dark grey and rippled somewhat to look like real skin, imagine how they portrayed Spawn and you get the right idea. The Batsymbol is across the chest armour and not in a yellow oval. The cowl and cape are black or dark blue, the cowl looks like the skin material too and is thinner and has realistic human features like cheekbones and forehead.

The ears are fairly long like in the previous movies and the design of the eyes and jaw cutaways are similar. Overall the suit doesnt look as exaggeratedly muscular as it was before and the rubber like material is thinner."

I'll keep you guys ever updated. if anybody is wondering who certain characters are or whatever, just post it in the thread and I(or another fan. i'm sure this thread is going to heat up sooner than later) will fill ya in.