View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 10:48 AM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
After watching that scene, I really hope that the theory about time passing more quickly in the new EF than in SB is correct. The idea that Regina has been sitting in that big mansion all alone for 10 years waiting for Henry to come home is heartbreaking. If it's only been a few months for her, that's not so bad. Although she will probably be shocked when she gets to the new EF and finds that he is a grown man.
I agree about the time frame. I would prefer it was not that long for Regina to be waiting around in SB for 10 years. It wouldn't even fit with the non-aging of her and the others and I would certainly expect the writers to have included a life where she moved on, with another possible love interest, with that huge lapse of time.

I think right now time moving faster in this other realm is the best speculation and makes the most sense. Otherwise magic would be needed to explain it.

Quote:
I have seen rumors that both Bobby and Colin have told people at cons that this will be their last season on the show.
Hm, so maybe that is why Colin is so persistent in telling the CS fans not to worry about the pairing. This is only going to be a one season separation for them because Hook will return to SB by the s7 finale? Probably along with Rumple, who has Belle & Gideon waiting for him. If true.

Quote:
I'll be surprised if there is a season 8, but if there is, I expect all three of the long term actors to be gone. I think they are using them as a transition team, as was suggested before. But they do have a good set up for Regina to remain in Seattle if Lana wants to stay. I'm sure Regina would like to be near Henry and his family and she has no one waiting for her in SB like the others do.
Going by the decline in viewership, and the unlikely possibility of ratings going up with the reset, I would tend to agree that s7 looks like the last BUT ... on Twitter, I ran into somebody tweeting who claimed to know somebody higher up with ABC Network who said they hold onto the show & are reluctant to let it go because the network is struggling and has had no new hits. And inspite of the lower ratings, they still profit pretty well off of it? If this is true, I can see the network milking it for a possible s8.

I was also suspicious that Regina, Hook, Rumple were being used to transition and that might be a downfall because that would be leading into a complete reset that will disconnect from s1-s6 and then s7. They claim that's not what this is but we will see. I think alot people staying with the show are doing so because of our originals. I just don't think at this point in the game, the newbies will be able to carry this show after one season. I think most will stick around and watch their stories as long as they know their originals will be there to get story too. Once they go? ABC might be forced to let it go if ratings become practically non-existent. If they lose Colin & Bobby, I would seriously consider bringing on a couple others from SB to replace them somehow. Even if just recurring, I wouldn't be opposed to Snow & Charming but don't know if Ginny and Josh would do it.

I will stick around as long as Lana|Regina does. She doesn't really have a complete happy ending yet so perhaps they plan to hang onto her? Maybe that is why they aren't pushing out a centric for her right away as opposed to the other two.

Quote:
So what do you all think about Regina possibly owning a bar and being named Roni? It's very different. I don't mind about the bar thing, I'm just surprised. I'm not crazy about the name Roni, no offense to anyone who might like it. I do like the name Veronica, which is usually what it's short for, but since the sign says "Roni's", I'm assuming that is the name she goes by,
Lol, I really don't feel one way or another about the name itself. I think anything but Regina is going to take some getting used to. I am not too surprised about being a possible bar owner - I figured she'd be removed from her traditional leading role of Mayor|Queen but it will be interesting to see streaks of it come through.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-25-2017 at 10:59 AM