View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 02:49 PM
sum1
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Well, were you a fan of the Fantastic 4 films to begin with? I've seen the ones with Jessica Alba, but not the more recent 1. The 2 I saw were OK, but generally not on my list of favorite films based on comic books. I don't mind this change much, though I'm also not a reader of Fantastic 4 comics.

Why do you think Loki needs a solo film I'm curious? Similar to Fantastic 4 I'm not a big Thor reader either.
The first two Fantastic Four films (from about a decade back) were aimed too much at kids and were overly lightweight and not well done, but they had their good points and Chris Evans was good in them. The recent Fantastic Four film (2015) was unbelievably bad and totally without any merit whatsoever. It was also a revisionist take, which is usually an annoying approach. I like the 1960s through 1980s Fantastic Four comics, most notably the Lee/Kirby and John Byrne runs and some of the stuff in between. Classic Marvel stuff.

Thor is one of my favorite Marvel characters and I think Chris Hemsworth's take on the character is great, but I've never been a Loki fan in the comics and the movie version is just ok by me. I don't need a Loki film.

I think the smilie Wickedrum used should make it obvious why she wants a Loki film.