View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 11:48 AM
SojournHeart11
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
I would like to ask about scene in 507 when Ted is with Brian in his office, offers him emotional support and tells him: "....considering you lost love of your life and your best friend, your soulmate, the yin to your yang...." its after B and J breakup and after Brians fight with Michael. so I suppose Ted speaks both about Justin and Michael (which is also suggested at the end of this scene when Brians says that as a result of his childhood traumas, addictions etc. he lost TWO people who mean most to him). So in Teds speach its Michael who is his best friend, Justin of course is love of his life. BUT when he says soulmate and yin to your yang he refers to whom? To Justin or Michael? Because technically both best friend and lover can fall under those criteria. I am bit confused about this. Because he says it after best friend so logically it would refer to Michael. But yin to your yang symbolizes that the two complete each other and are perfect match, balance each other, which is not Michaels role in Brians life but Justins.
Very good question. He could have been interchangeably talking about both, but considering Ted mentioned the yin-to-his-yang, I definitely believe he was referring to Justin in that particular instance because he was at the time of this discussion the closest thing to Brian. Michael and Brian had definitely drifted apart by this time, though they were still friends... they weren't soul mates. However, I do believe Ted was talking about Michael, too, when he brought up the best friend part.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige