View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 05:48 AM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Comics helped my survive the election last year and the Trump era this year.

Actually, Mr Sinster first appeared in Uncannny X-Men 221, and that was led up to by the Mutant Massacre crossover which included a number of Uncanny X-Men issues. But yes, Apocalypse was originally an X-Factor villain. As for storylines in the '80s, well I feel the X-Men went into quality decline after Mutant Massacre (late '86) and didn't recover until the early '90s. It wasn't terrible, but it was mediocre. And actually it did become terrible briefly when the X-Men were sent through Siege Perilous and split up and popped up around the world. That was around 1989/1990.
Well, I don't need comics for that, sum1. This was when I was a teenager and going through a rough period with my parents' divorce and being bullied at school, and comics were a welcome escape. I'm a grown up now and I think alcohol works better for that.

Oh, really? Damn, I didn't think Sinister was in Uncanny since his main interest was Scott and Jean, who were in X-Factor by then. I first saw him in X-Factor, but yeah, since he created the Madelyne clone I guess he must've appeared in Uncanny first. Again, I really wasn't reading Uncanny back then because Scott and Jean weren't in it, and they were pretty much my focus. And I remember the Mutant Massacre. That was right before the Inferno crossover storyline, which I know you hate. It was also when the two teams finally crossed paths and the other X-Men learned that Jean was alive. And Wolverine acted like a cad, as usual. Warren really let him have it for that, skewering him with steel feathers as Archangel.