View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Headhunter
Total Fan

Quote:
Congratulations. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
Thanks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

What else comic-wise, building upon my earlier post on Ultimate Fantastic Four (which I like so far!)
  • 100 Bullets: Always a great ride; at least another trade, ideally two, should be out in 2004.
  • Daredevil: Still haven't cracked open the hardcover (#2 with Bendis/Maleev, not the first run with Quesada etc), but I've read enough on Marvel's site and flipping at the store to be tremendously excited about the 3rd HC. Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev are putting out the mainstream equivalent of 100 Bullets, which I love (see above).
  • Marvel's Ultimate Line: Aside from the travesty that is Ultimate Adventures, all of the titles have been really good. Accessible and respective of the originals, but more than a modern twist, the entire line has been done right with great creators and directions.

I'm still waiting for DC to embrace this concept, and clean up/redo a lot of the outdated history with Batman and Superman. There are a few driving forces behind the tremendous success Marvel is having with feature films now; the Ultimate line is chief among them from the comic side.
  • Movies: Hellboy, Punisher, Spider-Man 2 and others should improve upon the relatively weak crop Daredevil, LXG from 2003. The news coming out of Batman: Intimidation is also tremendously exciting.

I'm sure more exciting projects will emerge as 2004 rumbles on. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]